By booking a workshop (henceforth known as “the event”) and or paying you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. By accepting your booking and payment, I agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
1. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing, emails are acceptable. The date on which the letter or email is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total event price, and are as follows: more than 43 days before the event no charge; 42 – 28 days before the event 50%; 27 days or less before the event 100%.
2. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. The PayPal automatically generated receipt does NOT imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us. Please DO NOT book any hotels or make any other travel bookings until you have had this email confirmation from us (NOT PayPal). If we are unable to confirm the booking, even though you have had an email from PayPal confirming your payment, we will not be liable for any other costs you have incurred. We will refund in full your PayPal payment. This is because rarely multiple bookings are placed through the website outselling a workshop before the bookings can be closed. At our discretion an administration charge of 10% may be made for alterations or amendments to a booking. The intention to transfer should be notified in writing, emails are acceptable.
3. We reserve the right to alter or cancel any event. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to us. For the avoidance of doubt, as we are not party to any flight, accommodation or train bookings or car hire you make yourself and have received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of these in the event of holiday cancellation. You are referred to clause 12 below and clause 2 above.
4. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run an event is not met, and if we have to cancel an event for this reason, we will not do so less than 10 days in advance. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
5. In the event of the tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tutor may be provided. If this is not possible, then the event will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 3 will come into effect.
6. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars of an event at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
7. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to the event. We cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
8. The type of events we offer require flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and event description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the event, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Woolly Wild Ones.
9. We do not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger. We will not accept liability for loss or damage to any of your personal belongings, including but not limited to camera and computer equipment, peripherals, mobile phones, baggage, clothing, documents, monies, credit cards, travel documents and so on. See clause 12 below.
10. We accept responsibility for acts and /or omissions of our employees/sub-contractors (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Woolly Wild Ones does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Woolly Wild Ones employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
11. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the event leader thus giving the workshop leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the event.
12. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the event (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the event (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas tours), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
13. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us is given in good faith.
14. Bookings for anyone under 18 years of age must be made by their parent or legal guardian. No one under 16 years of age may join an event with us, except by special arrangement with and being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who needs to pay the full workshop fee themselves also.
15. It is the client’s responsibility to arrive at locations at the arranged time. The client needs to be healthy enough to participate in the event. If the client’s vehicle breaks down or if the client fails to arrive at a destination for any reason whatsoever the event must proceed without them for the benefit of the other paying clients.
16. The weather is out of our control. If very poor weather is forecast in advance, we reserve the right to contact the group and reschedule or cancel the event. If this happens you will have the chance to accept the rescheduled date or accept a credit towards a future event of your choice to the value of the cancelled event.
17. If I offer my own equipment to you on loan on an event it is not covered by my insurance. By accepting the loan of the equipment, if it is damaged (however minor the damage) or stolen, you promise to pay immediately its full new replacement value direct to me so I can replace the item or items from a supplier of my choice who has the item or items in stock to ensure I can continue to pursue my business. If the item is no longer manufactured this clause applies to the latest new item from the manufacturer even if the value of this item is considerably higher.
18. You are responsible for your own car parking fees, fines, and all other fees and expenses not directly and clearly specified as being included in the cost of the event. You are also wholly responsible for the safety of your vehicle, property and personal safety.
19. If you book any event listed on this website but booked through or run by any individual, broker or company it is subject to their terms and conditions and your contract is wholly with them. Any issues arising from such a booking must be taken up with them directly. I am bound by their terms and conditions and have no influence over them.
20. We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
21. By making a booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. Any person making a booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included in it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.